COVID - 19 Re-Opening Plan
COVID-19 Re-Opening Plan
Phase 1 – beginning June 7th – begin in person and livestream worship at 10am.
- Professional Cleaning and Training for our Custodian- The entire first floor of our church is being professionally cleaned and disinfected before our opening June 7th. Our custodian as well as church sexton and our ruling elder who leads the Property Committee are being trained by this company to ensure that we are following all of the CDC guidelines.
- Worship Only – No other programming will be offered yet, including Sunday School, Nursery, Children and Worship, etc. We recognize that this is inconvenient, especially for parents. We hope that this is a very short-term arrangement and that these programs can safely begin soon.
- Social distancing will be the norm – every other row of chairs has been removed from our worship space and each row is 6ft from the other, family units should sit together, please leave three chairs between you and the next family unit or individual, masks are optional, handshakes and hugs discouraged, no greeting line offered, etc. We will not provide bulletins, but the information will be on the screen, church website, and social media. Doors will be propped open where possible. Offering boxes will be provided at the entrances and exits of our worship space so you can present your offering as you come or go.
- Online option - If you are in an at-risk demographic (older, have pre-existing conditions, etc.) – we encourage you to stay home and worship with us online. If you need any help with this please contact the church office. If you or anyone in your family is sick, please stay home. If you are just not comfortable gathering at this time – we understand that as well. We encourage you to do what your conscience tells you is right.
- The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper – we will not serve communion during the month of June.
- Limited facility use - Only necessary portions of the building will be open on Sunday morning – the narthex/welcome area, bathrooms, and sanctuary. The water fountain will be shut off.